Client: Digicel Group
- Jamaica: 1400 workstations, storage, conference room furniture, seating.
- Haiti: 1400 workstations, storage, conference room furniture, seating & construction of cellular offices.
Architect: De Blacam and Meaher
Quantity Surveyor: Linesight
Completion Dates: 2013 & 2015
- Ergo was shortlisted to tender for the furniture for the Digicel Group’s new Head Office in Kingston Jamaica and refurbished offices in Haiti. After tender, Ergo was selected as one of five to mock-up sample workstations in Kingston. Shortly after the mock-ups were reviewed, we were awarded the contract. We worked closely with the Client, their Architects and Quantity surveyors, going through various different layout options. After several design meetings we agreed on the layout and the furniture order was placed with agreed delivery and installation schedules.
- Agree a schedule on site with the contractors in both Jamaica and Haiti.
- Schedule production of all workstation components with several manufacturers in Europe.
- Liaising with manufacturers and shipping agents for loading and delivering of containers to local ports.
- Customs clearance and containers to site (containers had to be offloaded and broken down into smaller loads for delivery to a challenging site).
- Deliveries were phased, starting with the open plan furniture for the second to tenth floors so that the electrical and data contractor could carry out their installation before we fitted the worktops to the frames. We followed on with deliveries of the storage, manager’s workstations and seating.
- The furniture was delivered from factory floor direct to site in Jamaica and Haiti. We worked with a local team of qualified fitters and signed off each floor to ensure snag-free installation before handover to client. The furniture was installed within time scale set out by project managers.
- Throughout the installation we maintained a ‘Clean Room’ policy and had the furniture protected from any possible damage. We removed all cardboard and waste off site and recycled where possible. This is in keeping with Ergo’s Environmental, Health and Safety policies.
- The client received an exceptional workspace on schedule.
EXTRACT FROM REFERENCE
The project ran seamlessly and Ergo were able to react and respond to the inevitable minor changes and additions to a project of this scale and to provide excellent after sales service including providing additional desking and storage.
We have worked with Ergo on a number of subsequent projects including another overseas installation for the same Client where they again performed on time and on budget with the same after sales service.
Bruce Shaw would have no hesitation recommending Ergo for projects in Ireland or overseas.”
– Des O’Broin